Saved By God's Love
Because the people broke the old covenant, God promised a new covenant, not in the blood of oxen and other animals, but in the blood of the Son, Jesus Christ. This new covenant, foreseen from afar by Jeremiah and the prophets, was not to be engraved on stone, or written on paper, but carved on our hearts, so that we might know God intimately. Not by keeping many laws are we to be saved, but by the love of God, living and real in our hearts through the sacrifice of Christ.
Our Eucharist is the pledge of that indwelling of Christ, and of our response of praise and thanksgiving to God for the mercy, love, and kindness shown to us in forgiving our sins and cleansing our hearts of everything evil. God issues this invitation to intimacy by offering us the chance to have our sufferings transformed into the perfect love of the Savior, who first loved us.
Readings for March 18, 2018
- Archdiocesan Annual Appeal Update As of March 14, 92 parish families have donated $28,889, which is 28% of our goal of $99,456. If you have not yet contributed to this year’s Annual Appeal, please consider doing so today. Thank you for your support.
- Youth Ministry Update St. Dunstan Youth Ministry is having a Holy Week and Easter themed gathering on Saturday, March 24th in the Convent, after the 5:00pm Mass. We hope to see many of our Junior High and High School parishioners in attendance.
- "Thank You" from St. Dunstan Youth Ministry! Thanks to the generous donations from our parish and school families, 10 members from St. Dunstan Youth Ministry assembled over 125 Blessing Bags last weekend. These bags included toiletries, water, socks and snacks for local people in need. The bags and additional supplies were delivered this week to our local St. Vincent de Paul Center and Catholic Worker House. We thank you for your generosity, and appreciate your continued support.
Masses for the Weekend:
- Saturday 5:00pm Vigil Mass
- Sunday 7:00am
- Sunday 8:30am - Organ and soloist
- Sunday 10:00am Parish Choir
- Sunday 11:30pm - Organ and Soloist