Listening and Responding
There are three interwoven themes in today’s readings: listening to God, faith vs. good works, and losing our life in order to find it. How are they related?
The Suffering Servant of Isaiah undergoes much distress and ridicule, but is able to bear it because he has listened to the promptings of God day after day. The psalm tells us that God listens, too. God hears our prayers for help and is always ready to save us. As our faith deepens, so does our desire to do the works of justice and charity that build up the reign of God. God directs our actions in ways we often cannot see, and we don’t always see the results. We are called upon in faith to trust that what we do is enough, and that willingness to listen to God’s promptings will lead us in the right way.
- The St. Vincent de Paul Conference at St. Dunstan will host an informal wine and cheese reception on Tuesday September 18th, 6:30-7:30pm in the driveway and pantry on the north side of the Convent. Hope to see you there!
- RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults) RCIA is for those who have never been baptized, those of another denomination who which to join the Catholic Faith Community, and Catholics who have never been confirmed. If you know somebody who may be interested in joining the Catholic Church, please call Ann at the Parish Office at 650-697-4730.
- Attention Parishioners We are now offering Online Giving! Click here to sign up and to begin contributing automatically to our parish.
- Save The Date! Come One, Come All! Dean Martin Tribute Dinner & Show is Back, By Popular Demand !!! Saturday, October 6, 2018 Doors Open at 5:45pm. No Host Bar Dinner at 6:30pm, Show begins at 7:30pm Reservation forms are available in the back of the church, online here or by calling Ann at the Parish Office. All proceeds will go towards supplementing our parish operating funds.
- St. Dunstan Fall Festival: "Fiesta Forever!" will be held on October 12th, 13th & 14th. Please take a wish card off the walls of the church and donate the items you selected. Bring your donations to the parish office or school office, Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:00pm. Thank you for supporting our festival! We hope to see you there!!
- Next weekend’s second collection will be for the Priests’ Retirement Fund.