CHRIST, KING OF ALL
On this, the final Sunday of the liturgical year, we celebrate the solemnity of Christ the King. By concluding the year with this feast we are proclaiming our faith that Jesus Christ is the one and only king over all seasons, all peoples, and all of creation.
At the end of time as we know it, Christ’s work of restoring all things to unity and harmony with their Creator God will be completed. This Sunday, when we claim Christ as both our Shepherd and our King, we recognize our own calling to participate in Christ’s saving work by caring for those whom Jesus calls “the least ones” (Matthew 25:45).
- On Saturday, December 2nd, the Knights of Columbus will be hosting their 20th annual Larry Bianchi & Lou Grech Memorial Crab Cioppino Dinner at the Parish Center. Chicken dinners are available upon request. Following dinner there will be an evening of dancing with D.J. Johnny Midnight. Tickets are $60 per person. See the bulletin for further information.
- For 7th-12th Graders, St. Dunstan Youth Ministry Movie & Craft Night
Showing the Holiday Classic: “Elf”
Friday, December 1st from 7:30-10:00pm at St. Dunstan Convent
Come in comfortable clothes, and bring a blanket or sleeping bag and pillows.
We will make Christmas Ornaments before beginning the movie at 8:00pm.
FREE snacks and drinks will be served.
7th-12th St. Dunstan School and CCD Students and Alumni Welcome.
Please rsvp by Thursday, November 30th.
- ARCHBISHOP’S ANNUAL APPEAL – WE ARE ALMOST THERE! Only another $2,000 to go! If you have not already done so, please consider giving to this year’s annual appeal as soon as possible. Thank you!!
- Friday, December 1st is the First Friday of the month. There will be a Holy Hour at 7:00am in the church. Eucharistic Adoration will be held at 3:00pm until 5:00pm. All parishioners are encouraged to attend!
- Thank you all for supporting this year’s Holiday Boutique and Raffle. We are excited to announce the winners of this years raffle!
- First Prize Winner of $4000: MaryAnne Anderegg
- Second Prize Winner of $100: Violeta Rapues
- Third Prize Winner of $100: Valerie Cordova
- Fourth Prize Winner of $100: Lillian Shapona
- The next Family Mass will be on Sunday, December 3rd at 5:00pm. A reception will follow in the Parish Center. We hope to see many of you there!
- St. Dunstan’s T.E.R.E.S.A. Committee “Little Stars Shine Brightly” Christmas Giving Trees 2017 Benefiting The Society of St. Vincent de Paul ~ St. Dunstan Conference & St. Vincent de Paul’s – Catherine’s Center. On November 25th, November 26th, December 2nd , 3rd, 9th, and 10th our two Christmas “Giving” Trees will be set up in the church with ornaments labeled with gift donations. Please take as many ornaments as you wish from either tree. The trees will be have ornaments labeled with gift card donations (e.g. $10, $25 gift cards to Walgreens, Target, Safeway, Trader Joes, etc.). Purchase the “wish” gift card (s) indicated on the ornament and bring the gift(s) with the ornaments attached to any of the Saturday or Sunday Masses on: December 3rd, 4th, 10th, and 11th. Committee members will be available after each mass by the trees to collect the gifts. You may also deliver your donations to St. Dunstan Catholic School or St. Dunstan Parish Rectory, Monday through Friday between the hours of 8am – 4 pm. Please do not leave gift cards by the trees. If monetary donations are preferred, please make checks payable to “St. Dunstan T.E.R.E.S.A. Committee” and give to one of the committee members at the weekend Masses or deliver to the Rectory. PLEASE DELIVER GIFTS NO LATER THAN DECEMBER 11th, 2017.
- Next weekend’s second collection will be for Christmas Flowers for the church.